Good morning gorgeous!
What a great time it is to be alive 🙂
Boy do I have a treat for you.
Here’s to all the people who think eating plant-based/vegan equates to restriction.
All I can say is that it has been a glorious Sunday morning.
On top of these bad boys, I am celebrating my first day of uni break! WOOOOO freedom smells like a batch of freshly made pancakes in the morning.
So I’m trying this thing where I stop using my phone when I wake up, because it means I stay in bed for an extra 2-4 hours. It’s disgusting.
Instead, I read some more of my #GIRLBOSS book by Sophia Amoruso. It was something that Soph and Sheena gave me for our annual Birthmas 🙂 (an amazing time of the year where we all buy presents for each other and open them in one sitting because our birthdays are so close together from march – april)
Aside from this, I managed to pass the Google Adwords Fundamentals exam last night! Just need to do the additional specialty course to get my certification 🙂 If you don’t know about it, you should consider getting it if you’re into digital marketing. It’s free and learning more is never a bad thing!
Something that also isn’t a bad thing is breakfast.
These were next level. I had to share.
As far as pancakes are concerned- I’m the type who wings it and hopes for the best.
These were so soft! Sooooooo fluffy (heart eyes emoji x 3)
I may have made 1 or 2… or maybe 18 for breakfast…. Don’t give me that look. It’s called “meal prepping” 😉
I also topped it with this peanut butter mousse which added a delightfully crunchy and creamy component. This was honestly far too good when combined with strawberries and maple syrup. I can’t even.
Ok, enough pictures.
Without further ado, I give you the recipe:
Fluffy Pancakes (GF, Vegan, Oil Free)
Ingredients (makes approx. 16 smaller pancakes):
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour* (can sub for oats)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour*
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2-3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 large banana (or 2 small ones)
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I just used water because that’s how long its been since I went grocery shopping)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (I used frozen because of the same reason above)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter + 1-3 tsp water
- maple syrup
- Chuck all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray if your pan isn’t quality non-stick.
- Cook approx 1/4 cup of batter per pancake until golden brown. Flip when bubbles create holes in the pancake and edges are cooked through.
- Mix peanut butter with water 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Top stack with maple syrup, strawberries and peanut butter (or whatever your heart desires)
** Due to the combination of buckwheat and quinoa, these pancakes will have a nutty and more earthier taste but I just think it adds character 🙂