Crepes are way more impressive than they are difficult to make!
The brown sugar, olive oil and whole wheat flour in this recipe also work to really give a depth of flavour.
They come out light, slightly crispy, and oh so delectable.
Another one of my gorgeous friends was having a birthday- and you all know how I loooove making cakes!
She’s someone who’s vibrant, fun and a bit out of the ordinary. Liesh was featured in my birthday post last year for my 20th birthday. She’s wonderful. So passionate and really adds dimension to your life. You’d know what I mean if you met her.
Anyway it got me thinking about what kind of cake I should make her.
It didn’t seem right to give her ye olde choc or vanilla cake with some flavoured icing.
And then it hit me- Tiramisu crepe cake! Oh but of course. It was only fitting.
That is a preview of how the cake turned out. I am working on that post and will upload the recipe soon enough.
Anyway, she was the reason I decided to have a go at making crepes! I am so thankful. My world has changed.
“How easy are they?” You ask.
Delicious and easy vegan crepes
Ingredients (makes approx 12 crepes):
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (extract works too)
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the milk, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla and whisk until the batter is smooth. Add more milk if it is too thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the fry pan and twirl the pan to evenly spread out the batter into a thin crepe.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes until the surface of the crepe bubbles and is no longer shiny batter, then flip.
- Cook for another 30 seconds to one minute until this side of the crepe is golden brown.