Let’s get real for one sec. No diamond will ever comfort you the way crispy-but-fluffy potato fries can. Potatoes are a girl’s best friend. I know you feel the same way. But how about we cut the chit chat and get down to business. Are you ready for some food porn?
Yes. Look at them. #nofilter
Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are racist and discriminate them for being a “white” refined carb. So sad. Fact of the matter is, potatoes are one of the most nutrient dense foods you can get. Fo’ real.
These beauties were cooked without oil. This means you can look at delicious fries, AND eat them too! You’re welcome.
To prepare these bad boys you will need:
- Roasting potatoes, washed, with skins- I used about four medium/large ones
- Garlic powder (optional, though highly recommended)
- Mixed Herbs (optional)
- Other flavourings etc (eg. curry powder is a suggestion, but you are the boss of your potato seasoning)
- Salt and/or pepper (I didn’t use this, but I’m not normal. “Optional”)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line your tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut your potatoes into moderately thin wedges. Youtube/Google it if you don’t know how. Please keep those skins on. I know it’s what matters on the inside, but you’ve gotta have the whole package if you want all them good-stuff vitamins and minerals.
- Chuck ’em on the tray. The secret is to put them skin side down so that the wedge gets crispy. Try not to overlap them on the tray. The world will not end if they slightly do. But your potatoes will cry from involuntary invasion of their personal bubble, and therefore not crisp up. Your choice.
- Chuck ’em in the oven and wait approx. 30-50 minutes depending on potato thickness and other things.
- Try and hold yourself back for about 5 minutes as they cool off out of the oven. This will take superior will-power, but your un-burnt tongue/mouth will thank you later.
- Eat them as is, or with your chosen dip. If you need ideas, I like sweet chilli sauce or hummus.